Venue: Royal Commonwealth Pool
Location: Dalkeith Road, Edinburgh EH16 5BB
Dates of competitions: 30 July–2 August 2014
The Pool will open to spectators 90 minutes before each session begins. Spectators are reminded that they should allow extra time to enter the venue as security checks for all spectators will take place upon entry. Please aim to be seated 15 minutes before your session begins.
The transport network around the building will be extremely busy particularly at the beginning and end of each session. Please allow plenty of time for your journey and follow any travel advice you are given on the day of your event.
Travel routes and options will be different to those of non-Games Time, so if you have previously visited the Royal Commonwealth Pool, please check your usual method of travel is still available and follow Games Time advice.
Walking to and from the Royal Commonwealth Pool may be the easiest option. Signage and Games Time volunteers, called clyde-siders will be on hand to guide you.
Hints and tips to enjoy your journey to see the action
- There is no parking at the Royal Commonwealth Pool, with the exception of a limited number of spaces for Blue Badge holders who must book in advance. Blue Badge holders should visit here to book parking.
- On-street parking in the area surrounding the Royal Commonwealth Pool is restricted for use by residents and businesses only. There are no set-down/pick-up areas for private vehicles.
- It may be easier to walk back after your event as public transport from the Royal Commonwealth Pool, will be busy.
- On the day for which it is valid, your event ticket will entitle you to use local bus services in Travel area 1 of the One Ticket scheme.
- Edinburgh will be busy, to minimise delays and disruption to your journey at Games Time, you will need to plan ahead and allow plenty of time for your journey.
- Plan your journey using the new version of the Traveline Scotland App.
- For more information and to plan your journey visit our transport section.
- To receive the latest transport news, please follow us on twitter @GamesTravel2014